Re: UB-Tree

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)krosing(dot)net>
To: Robert Schrem <robert(dot)schrem(at)WiredMinds(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UB-Tree
Date: 2002-03-08 19:37:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 20:48, Robert Schrem wrote:

> If not, you can download several PDF documents describing
> the UB-Tree related algorythms from this URL (in english
> language!):
>
> http://mistral.in.tum.de

The last one tere seems to be the original explanation of the idea.

> I found no free implementation of the UB-Tree. The team
> of R. Bayer only released closed source and sell it.

This technique seems to be a good candidate for implementing using GiST
or perhaps just defined using the <. operator mentioned there.

Mappign from ordinary query with several = , < and between may be a
little tricky though.

They may also have patents on it, so we should move carefully here.

Hannu