Re: pg_ctl - tighten command parameter checking

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_ctl - tighten command parameter checking
Date: 2002-02-23 21:52:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 21:31, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Oliver, I am going to reject this. We give them the syntax for the
> params. I don't see a need to check for leading dash to see if they
> forgot a param. I would like to see a more general solution that uses
> getopt or something more robust, but moving all that checking to each
> param just seems like a waste.

I would certainly prefer to use getopt, but is that portable? Peter
wants me to use case..esac instead of cut; I would have thought getopt
was a lot less portable.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
for instruction in righteousness; That the man of God
may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good
works." II Timothy 3:16,17