FW: [GENERAL] PHP SQL

From: Shaun Clements <ShaunC(at)relyant(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "'pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: [GENERAL] PHP SQL
Date: 2005-03-22 11:44:16
Lists: pgsql-php

Apologies for those who are in both mailing lists.

Hi All

I am designing a data loader script that can transform data in one table
schema into a new table schema in Postgres for reporting purposes.

I wanted to ask, on a performance issue.
Which is more efficient, in reading in a row of data, and assigning
individual column values to variables, and then inserting a new row into the
new table.

pg_fetch_row
pg_fetch_assoc
pg_fetch_object
pg_fetch_result
pg_fetch_array

Are there performance differences, which are noticeable?
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Shaun Clements