Re: pl/perl won't build under 7.1.3

From: kdebisschop <kdebisschop(at)alert(dot)infoplease(dot)com>
To: -wiseguy <no-one(at)all(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pl/perl won't build under 7.1.3
Date: 2001-11-26 15:08:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, 2001-11-25 at 15:07, -wiseguy wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Why won't pl/perl build under the install for postgresql 7.1.3? My perl
> installation only has libperl in the archive format (libperl.a) and the perl
> makefile calls for libperl.so...building perl form scratch is not an option.
> Is there a quick hack to allow pl/perl to build using libperl.a?

On some systems, you can exlpode libperl.a and rebuild is as a .so --
this works on Linux x86. I have taken the approach of building a
separate libperl.so. It is change of just a few lines to the perl rpm
spec on redhat. Then I install the .so file and use --forcperl with
Lamar's RPM spec. You didn't say what platform you are using, so I don't
know if any of the specific changes are useful to you. If they are , let
me know and I can send you a diff.

--
Karl DeBisschop
Director, Software Engineering & Development