Re: database troubles - various errors

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "A Palmblad" <adampalmblad(at)yahoo(dot)ca>
Cc: "General Postgres" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database troubles - various errors
Date: 2004-08-23 19:16:39
Lists: pgsql-general

"A Palmblad" <adampalmblad(at)yahoo(dot)ca> writes:
> Basically, I'd like to know if anyone has seen any problems similar to this,
> and if they have any suggestions on how to fix these issues.

It's not going to answer your issue directly, but see Joe Conway's
recent report of similar failures:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-08/msg01251.php
and earlier messages in that thread.

Personally I'm wondering about kernel/filesystem bugs. Gentoo's
emphasis on bleeding-edge code is fine for dev work but I think it's
a poor choice for a production server.