Re: [CORE] Please check text of community announcement ASAP

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Please check text of community announcement ASAP
Date: 2006-12-05 19:28:44
Lists: pgsql-www

> Among the features of this new version are:
> -- Average 20% overall performance improvement

Hmm, do we have any numbers backing that up? Some things improved much
more than that, some not at all, so I'm kinda wondering where "20% overall"
came from. If you're basing that on one specific benchmark you oughta
say which one.

> -- Warm standby databases

I think we could do that already, it just didn't work as smoothly.
Maybe "Better support for warm standby databases" would be better.

The rest of it seems OK to me.