Changing column modifiers?

From: Tim Boring <tboring(at)insight(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Changing column modifiers?
Date: 2001-09-10 01:08:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Can you change a column modifier after you've created the table? For
example, I have a table called "authors" with the following columns:
authorid, authorfirstname, authorlastname, authormi, statecode, country,
born, deceased.

When I created the table, I forgot to make the "authorfirstname" and
"authorlastname" columns NOT NULL. I've looked at ALTER TABLE but I
don't see a way to use it to add NOT NULL...maybe I'm just missing the
obvious?

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim