setof (more than one column)

From: "Reinoud van Leeuwen" <reinoud(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: setof (more than one column)
Date: 2002-01-03 14:11:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I am doing some tests with functions in 7.2b4. I got some stuff to work
that returns 'setof text' but I was wondering whether it is possble to let
the function return more than one column, something like:

create function myfunc (integer) returns setof (text, integer)

or

create function myfunc (integer) returns setof text, integer

I've searched the docs about the syntaxt of the 'setof' keyword but could
not find really much.

TIA,

Reinoud van Leeuwen