Re: Using multiple extended statistics for estimates

From: Mark Dilger <hornschnorter(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using multiple extended statistics for estimates
Date: 2019-12-10 01:18:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/9/19 2:00 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:

>> These look good to me.  I added extra tests (not included in this email)
>> to verify the code on more interesting test cases, such as partitioned
>> tables and within joins.  Your test cases are pretty trivial, just being
>> selects from a single table.
>>

> Adding such more complex tests seem like a good idea, maybe you'd like
> to share them?

You can find them attached. I did not include them in my earlier email
because they seem a bit unrefined, taking too many lines of code for the
amount of coverage they provide. But you can prune them down and add
them to the patch if you like.

These only test the functional dependencies. If you want to include
something like them in your commit, you might create similar tests for
the mcv statistics, too.

--
Mark Dilger

Attachment Content-Type Size
stats_ext.extra_tests text/plain 11.9 KB