Re: "Idle in Transaction" revisited.

From: "John R Pierce" <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "Idle in Transaction" revisited.
Date: 2004-09-18 00:53:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> Yeah, that's from prematurely issuing BEGIN. I believe there's a
> solution for this in the most recent JDBC driver versions --- but
> I dunno if it's in any official releases yet.

Its my understanding from reading the prior threads on this that somewhere
after jdbc 213 they moved the initial BEGIN to the first SQL Execute rather
than immediately upon Connection.

When an app does a Commit or Rollback, this generates an END;

After this END; does a new BEGIN happen immediately, or is it postponed
until the next Execute ?