Re: PoC: full merge join on comparison clause

From: Alexander Kuzmenkov <a(dot)kuzmenkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PoC: full merge join on comparison clause
Date: 2017-10-04 13:08:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As discussed earlier, I changed the way we work with mergeopfamilies. I
use the "is_equality" flag to indicate whether the clause is an equality
one, and fill mergeopfamilies for both equality and inequality operators.
The updated patch is attached (rebased to 20b6552242).

--
Alexander Kuzmenkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
full-merge-join-v4.patch text/x-patch 43.0 KB