pg_dumpall

From: "Kardos, Dr(dot) Andreas" <kardos(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dumpall
Date: 2000-03-03 15:06:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

The pg_dumpall script is not compatible with 7.0 psql and createdb.

1. pgsql -l delivers a different output (Owner instead of User ID).
Therefore in the following command "usesysid" has to be replaced by
"usename":

POSTGRES_USER="`echo \" \
select usename \
from pg_shadow \
where usesysid = $DBUSERID; \" | \
psql -A -q -t template1`"

2. createdb -help in the following line tries to connect the host "elp".

if createdb -help|grep encoding >/dev/null
then
echo "create database $DATABASE with encoding='`pg_encoding $ENCODING`';"
else
echo "create database $DATABASE;"
fi

Unfortunately it is not sufficient to use

createdb --help|grep encoding

because the word "encoding" is always present in the usage message now.

3. QNX4 only: The double quotes in

POSTGRES_USER="`echo \" \

etc. must not be escaped with a backslash. Unfortunately I haven't found a
simple solution working on all platforms. Thats why I am not sending a
patch.

Andreas Kardos