Re: Dllist public/private part

From: "Mendola Gaetano" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dllist public/private part
Date: 2003-07-02 07:27:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Mendola Gaetano wrote:
> I certainly would like to see Dllist removed too.
>
> > This mean that is waste of time work on dllist.
> > I seen that exist a TODO list about "features",
> > exist a list about: "code to optimize" ?
>
> What TODO item where you looking at?

I see the http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php
and for someone that want start to code is really
hard reading for example:

. Cache last known per-tuple offsets to speed long tuple access

what can do a "postgres source beginner" after reading that
sentence ?
May be is more usefull if a very "postgres source" expert, like
Bruce Momjian or Tom Lane, will compile a more detailed list
about what to do like:
We need a really efficient double linked list with this
interface blah blah blah or something like that

I hope I was clear enough

Regards
Gaetano Mendola