|From:||"Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>|
|Subject:||Re: [patch] Proposal for \rotate in psql|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
This is the 2nd iteration of this patch, for comments and review.
- the arguments can be column names (rather than only numbers).
- the horizontal headers are sorted server-side according to their original
type. DESC order is possible by prefixing the column arg with a minus sign.
- the command is now modelled after \g so it can be used
in place of \g
- the title is no longer set by the command, it was getting in the
way when outputting to data file.
- there's a hard limit on 1600 columns. This is to fail early and clean
on large resultsets that are not amenable to being rotated.
- includes SGML user doc.
As I don't have plans for further improvements, I'll submit this one
to the open commitfest.
PostgreSQL-powered mailer: http://www.manitou-mail.org
|Next Message||Thomas Munro||2015-09-16 11:07:03||Re: synchronous_commit = apply|
|Previous Message||Kyotaro HORIGUCHI||2015-09-16 08:33:28||Re: Reliance on undefined behaviour in << operator|