Re: help: cross compiling PG7.4.1 on IA64 from IA32

From: "Andrew Hall" <temp02(at)bluereef(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help: cross compiling PG7.4.1 on IA64 from IA32
Date: 2004-03-23 07:09:26
Lists: pgsql-ports

Yep, PG 7.4.1 installs fine on a native IA64 box, but not when cross
compiling on a IA32 box for IA64. Regardless of what I do, PG always seem to
want to link libpthread from /lib (which is the IA32 version) and ignores
the LDFLAGS directive pointing it at /usr/local/ia64-linux/lib. I'm
suspecting this is hardcoded somewhere in the GCC environment because even
when I explicitly tell it to link to the IA64 lib, it completely ignores it.