Re: role of join password in unsubscribing

From: "Philippe Salama" <karebac(at)verizon(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2006-12-10 10:45:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am a beginner trying to teach myself postgreSQL. I joined psql-admin and
posted some of my beginner's questions, and was advised that I should be
posting here, which makes a lot of sense.

But, when I first joined psql-admin, I neglected to carefully read the
e-mail of instructions, regarding the password which I should regain for my
records, and which seems essential if I ever want to unsubscribe.

Since I do not frequenly delete e-mails, I was able to page back and find
the password I received upon joining psql-admin, and saved it together with
the password for psql-novice.

BUT HERE IS MY QUESTION AND CONCERN. Suppose someone were to lose these
passwords, then what would they do to unsubscribe?

I carry about a palm pilot all the time (password protected) which contains
all the passwords, forums, and urls, necessary at work. And I also have a
protected Sancor 4 gig memory stick, which holds such info.

But, surely there must be instances where someone subscribes, and later,
wishes to unsubscribe, but has lost the password.

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 145 bytes