Complex outer joins?

From: "Correia, Carla" <Carla(dot)Correia(at)logicacmg(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Complex outer joins?
Date: 2003-03-24 10:49:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Password: d5B9Av

Hi,

I've got PsotgreSQL 7.3.

My problem is joins. I've seen the syntax on joins and have sucessefully
used SQLs with joins, but I've got some other big SQL statements using many
and complex
joins.
Simplified example:

select G.SELID, G.TEXT,
L.ID as SELLEVELID , L.SELLEVEL, L.LEVELJOIN, L.LEVELTEXT,
C.ID as KRITERIENFELDID, C.SELFLD
from G, L, C
where
and G.SELID = L.SELID (+)
and L.SELID = C.SELID (+)
and L.SELLEVEL = C.SELLEVEL (+)

How can i write this in Postgres? As the problem is that I use one same
table for varios joins. This is a problem in Postgres. Any ideas?

When I use the same table in say 3 or 4 joins in one SQL, is the only
solution unions?? Adn if so, the performance will certainly suffer?

thanks!

Carla