Mac OS 10.3 Panther make questions

From: Kevin Barnard <kbarnard_lists(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Mac OS 10.3 Panther make questions
Date: 2004-02-17 00:05:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am trying to get PostgreSQL 7.4.1 to make with Mac OS 10.3 I run
configure which complains about readline. I'm not sure how Apple
compiled bash which is the new default shell but I can't find the
library or headers either. I have installed Xcode and found a few
notes online about postgres 7.3.4 and OS 10.2 which talk about making
readline and using the /sw directory which does not exist on system.
Does anybody know what I am missing?

Thank you in advance for any help
Kevin Barnard