RE: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations are accessed in a transaction

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Tomas Vondra' <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations are accessed in a transaction
Date: 2019-02-20 05:42:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Tomas Vondra [mailto:tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com]
> On 2/12/19 7:33 AM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> > Imai-san confirmed performance improvement with this patch:
> >
> > https://commitfest.postgresql.org/22/1993/
> >

> Can you quantify the effects? That is, how much slower/faster does it get?

Ugh, sorry, I wrote a wrong URL. The correct page is:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0F97FA9ABBDBE54F91744A9B37151A512787EC%40g01jpexmbkw24

The quoted figures re:

[v20 + faster-locallock-scan.patch]
auto: 9,069 TPS
custom: 9,015 TPS

[v20]
auto: 8,037 TPS
custom: 8,933 TPS

In the original problematic case, plan_cache_mode = auto (default), we can see about 13% improvement.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa