RE: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending) patents?

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Dave Cramer' <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending) patents?
Date: 2018-07-09 07:51:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com [mailto:davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com] On Behalf Of
> Dave Cramer
> Certainly there is history of people using PG code for non-PostgreSQL or
> at least commercial derivative work. Greenplum for example.

Yes, we would be glad if companies in the PostgreSQL community, including Greenplum, could utilize our patents and prosper with no charge. We just want to use our (future) patents to make PostgreSQL a more wonderful DBMS, and to protect PostgreSQL against patent lawsuits by companies outside PostgreSQL community.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa