Re: Supporting huge pages on Windows

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Magnus Hagander' <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Supporting huge pages on Windows
Date: 2017-04-12 07:08:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello, Magnus
cc: Andres

From: pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Magnus Hagander
> I think what you'd need to do is enumerate what privileges the user has
> *before* calling CreateRestrictedToken(), using GetTokenInformation().
> And then pass those into PrivilegesToDelete (except for
> SeChangeNotifyPrivilege) in the call to CreateRestrictedToken(), instead
> of using DISABLE_MAX_PRIVILEGE. (and add the privilege needed for huge pages
> before you start that whole process -- that needs to be added in the token
> used *before* we create the restricted one).
>
> At least that's my guess from reading the docs and trying to remember :)

Oh, I got it now. Thanks. The revised patch is attached. The only modified file is pg_ctl.c. The patch worked as expected.

It is regrettable that I could not make it in time for PG 10, but I'd appreciate it if you could review and commit this patch early in PG 11 while our memory is fresh. Thank you for your patience. I'll create an entry in the next CF soon.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Attachment Content-Type Size
win_large_pages_v13.patch application/octet-stream 11.5 KB