Re: Supporting huge pages on Windows

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Andres Freund' <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: 'Craig Ringer' <craig(dot)ringer(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Supporting huge pages on Windows
Date: 2017-04-05 07:15:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Andres Freund
> As I asked before, why can't we delete all privs and add the explicitly
> needed once back (using AdjustTokenPrivileges)?

I tried it with pg_ctl.c attached to an earlier mail today, i.e. delete all privs with CreateRestrictedToken(DISABLE_ALL_PRIVILEGE) and enable Lock Pages in Memory with AdjustTokenPrivileges(). But it didn't work; AdjustTokenPrivileges() failed to enable the priv. It's probably that CreateRestrictedToken() deletes (unassigns?) the privs from the access token, so subsequent AdjustTokenPrivileges() can no longer enable the priv.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa