Re: Allow interrupts on waiting standby

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Michael Paquier' <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Allow interrupts on waiting standby
Date: 2017-03-29 09:03:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(4) standby.c
> The latch is not reset when the wait timed out. The next WaitLatch() would
> return immediately.

Sorry, let me withdraw this. This is my misunderstanding.

OTOH, when is the latch reset before the wait? Is there an assumption that MyLatch has been in reset state since it was initialized?
Is it safe to use MyLatch here, not the special latch like something used in xlog.c?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa