Re: Do we create a new roadmap page for development?

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Robert Haas' <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Do we create a new roadmap page for development?
Date: 2017-03-24 02:54:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Robert Haas
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 2:36 AM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
> <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:
> > Should I create a page for PostgreSQL 11 likewise? Or, do you want a
> more stable page named "PostgreSQL Roadmap" instead of "PostgreSQL11
> Roadmap" and attach the target version to each feature as in "Feature X
> (V11)", so that we can represent more longer-term goals?
>
> I think a page that's just called PostgreSQL Roadmap will get out of date
> pretty quickly. Ultimately it'll end up like the TODO list, which is not
> really a list of things TO DO. The advantage of the version-specific pages
> is that old information kind of ages its way out of the system.

Maybe so. I created a page for PostgreSQL 11 and add a link to our roadmap:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL11_Roadmap

Please add your roadmaps when you can.

> > And, why don't we add a link to the above roadmap page in the "Development
> information" page?
> >
> > Development information
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_information
>
> I'm sure nobody will object to you doing that. It's a wiki, and intended
> to be edited.

Thanks, done. Also, I moved the existing the link to "Development projects" from " Past PgCon Developer Meeting Notes" to the new header "Roadmaps and Projects", because the development projects page doesn't appear to fit the PGCON notes.

Regards
Takayuki