Re: [RFC] Should we fix postmaster to avoid slow shutdown?

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Robert Haas' <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] Should we fix postmaster to avoid slow shutdown?
Date: 2016-10-06 00:34:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Robert Haas [mailto:robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com]
> I have no opinion on this patch, because I haven't reviewed it, but note
> recent commit 3b90e38c5d592ea8ec8236287dd5c749fc041728, which appears to
> be semi-related.

Thank you for interesting information. Maybe Tom-san experienced some trouble in creating this patch. Fortunately, this doesn't appear to be related to my patch, because the patch changed the timing of closing listen ports in postmaster children, whereas my patch explicitly closes listen ports in postmaster.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa