Re: [RFC] Should we fix postmaster to avoid slow shutdown?

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: 'Robert Haas' <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] Should we fix postmaster to avoid slow shutdown?
Date: 2016-10-04 09:05:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Tom Lane
FWIW, I'm pretty much -1 on messing with the timing of the socket close
> actions. I broke that once within recent memory, so maybe I'm gun-shy,
> but I think that the odds of unpleasant side effects greatly outweigh any
> likely benefit there.

I couldn't find any relevant mails in pgsql-hackers. I found no problem with the attached patch. Do you think this is OK?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Attachment Content-Type Size
02_close_listen_ports_early.patch application/octet-stream 3.4 KB