Re: Supporting huge pages on Windows

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Robert Haas' <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Supporting huge pages on Windows
Date: 2016-09-28 00:26:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> From: pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Robert Haas
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 10:45 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
> <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:
> > Credit: This patch is based on Thomas Munro's one.
>
> How are they different?

As Thomas mentioned, his patch (only win32_shmem.c) might not have been able to compile (though I didn't try.) And it didn't have error processing or documentation. I added error handling, documentation, comments, and a little bit of structural change. The possibly biggest change, though it's only one-liner in pg_ctl.c, is additionally required. I failed to include it in the first patch. The attached patch includes that.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Attachment Content-Type Size
win_large_page_v2.patch application/octet-stream 8.1 KB