Re: How Postgres and Open Source Are Disrupting The Market for Database Management Systems

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How Postgres and Open Source Are Disrupting The Market for Database Management Systems
Date: 2016-03-10 05:22:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> [mailto:pgsql-advocacy-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Joshua D. Drake
> http://www.forbes.com/sites/benkerschberg/2016/03/08/how-postgres-and-
> open-source-are-disrupting-the-market-for-database-management-systems/

"By 2018, more than 70% of new in-house applications will be developed on an OSDBMS, and 50% of existing relational DBMS instances will have been converted or will be in process."

... To accommodate those new users comfortably, it's necessary to make PostgreSQL more interoperable with various software that they want to continue to use, isn't it?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa