Re: Please help: PHP4/postgres db woes

From: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
To: "Danny O'Brien" <dannyo(at)steinrogan(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please help: PHP4/postgres db woes
Date: 2004-03-09 16:01:34
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello Danny,
I can't go through your whole script but I recommend you use Pear::DB
as an abstraction layer for the pgsql connection and interaction.
This will give you more power with the debug and you can keep
everything simple IMHO.

More info at
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.database.php#package.database.db

It is default on PHP, so you don't even need to install anything.

Cheers
Regards,
David Costa, PHP-PostgreSQL Advocacy team http://postgresql.org
david at postgresql ddoot org gurugeek att php dot net
$dsn = 'pgsql://world:most_advanced(at)localhost/open_source_database';