psql + php on Mac OS X

From: Martin Hampl <Martin(dot)Hampl(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql + php on Mac OS X
Date: 2004-03-08 21:17:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

I am trying to get PHP (with Apache) with PostgreSQL 7.4.1 running on
Mac OS X 10.3.2..

I compiled PostgreSQL and PHP myself (PostgreSQL support in the newest
PHP-package from entropy.ch seems to be broken---does anybody have
experience with this? Everything worked perfectly a few months ago
(with the package from entropy, If I remember correctly), but I had to
reinstall the whole computer).

Both, PostgreSQL and PHP run just fine. However, if I try to access a
database I just get the message "Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to
connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection
refused Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

PostgreSQL is running and I think it is using port 5432 (however, I am
not completely sure how to check this---"show port;"?)

Does anybody know the correct configuration for the compilation of PHP?
I used './configure --with-mysql --with-pgsql --with-apxs. Maybe the
path for pgsql is incorrect?

Regards,
Martin.