Re: [DOCS] 7.4 official docs : Fonts?

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] 7.4 official docs : Fonts?
Date: 2003-11-20 17:43:23
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

On Friday, November 21, 2003, at 02:31 AM, Roberto Mello wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:16:58PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Michael Glaesemann wrote:
>>> When I was experimenting with different color schemes, I thought
>>> about
>>> perhaps matching the syntax coloring of my editor, BBEdit. However,
>>> I'm
>>> sure not all editors use the same color scheme (the ANSI SQL language
>>> module for BBEdit displays only blue (keywords), pink (strings), and
>>> black (everything else). The blue would conflict with the current
>>> link
>>> color, and I'd rather not use pink unless everyone else thinks it's a
>>> good idea.) I'm interested in hearing what editors others use for
>>> coding, and what syntax coloring schemes they use for SQL.
>
> I use vim, it has good SQL coloring syntax. The one problem that I'd
> like
> to fix in it is that the body of PL/pgSQL functions are shown as a big
> string.

I know what you mean. Same thing in BBEdit. Really, that's what they
are, but it'd be nice if there were some way of distinguishing the
parts of the strings. One of the issues is that (at least for BBEdit)
the SQL syntax coloring is based on ANSI SQL, not PostgreSQL. I'd like
to hack my own language module for this, but haven't got around to
doing it.

On Friday, November 21, 2003, at 02:16 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Yes, colorizing editors really help me understand the code. I use
> Crisp, which is a commercial editor.
Visiting the CRiSP site, I see they have a Mac version for demo. I'll
give it a whirl, and see what their colors are like.

Michael