Re: Get stuck when dropping a subscription during synchronizing table

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2017-07-04 03:21:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6/25/17 06:35, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> - Do LockSharedObject in ALTER SUBSCRIPTION, DROP SUBSCRIPTION (this one
> is preexisting but mentioning it for context), SetSubscriptionRelState,
> AddSubscriptionRelState, and in the logicalrep_worker_launch. This means
> we use granular per object locks to deal with concurrency.

I have committed those locking changes, as we had already discussed them
previously. This should address the open item.

Maybe we can start new threads for the other parts of the patch and
maybe split the patch up a bit. At this point I don't want to commit
major code rearrangements without specific reasons and detailed analysis.