MS Access, UNICODE, ODBC

From: bernsteine(at)who(dot)int
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MS Access, UNICODE, ODBC
Date: 2005-02-02 09:35:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc

We have a problem inserting data into Postgres in UNICODE using the MS
Access 2003 as a front-end.
I am not entirely clear on the source of the problem we have.
Our Postgres DB is in UNICODE, I have converted it and tested. I can insert
and display Cyrilic and Arabic characters using PhpPgAdmin 3.5 version.

The MS Access 2003, seems to be able to store UNICODE and display it fine
alone too.

It is only when we use Access as a front end to Postgres that we have
garbage displayed in Access retreived from Postgres and Postgres data gets
corrupted. Which led us to believe that it is ODBC config issue.

Please, help.

Eugene Bernstein
Database Administrator
(WHO/EIP/KMS)
WHO/OMS HQ,
20 Avenue Appia,
1211 Geneva 27,
Switzerland
bernsteine(at)who(dot)int <mailto:bernsteine(at)who(dot)int>
direct +41.22.791.2447
fax +41.22.791.4806