Help with Database Recovery

From: "Hancock, David (DHANCOCK)" <DHANCOCK(at)arinc(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help with Database Recovery
Date: 2000-11-28 16:02:22
Lists: pgsql-general

I have inadvertently uninstalled PostgreSQL and subsequently reinstalled it,
which has rendered my existing databases inaccessible. I'd like to be able
to recover them. There is no pgdump output to work from.

If anyone knows of a description of how to recover the data withing the
(intact) datafiles from the directories in /var/lib/pgsql/base, I'd be very
grateful to learn of it.

I have searched the documentation and the Momjian book and the
postgresql.org site, but haven't found anything that helps me.

If I'm barking up the wrong list, I'd like to know that, too.

Cheers!
--
David Hancock | dhancock(at)arinc(dot)com | 410-266-4384