Re: SQL Error- SQLBindColumn and TimeStamp Field

From: "Ed Brown" <ebrown(at)arcompanies(dot)net>
To: "Ed Brown" <ebrown(at)arcompanies(dot)net>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL Error- SQLBindColumn and TimeStamp Field
Date: 2004-11-17 22:33:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I found the answer, and I'm posting the response in case somebody else someday has this problem. The problem is the field type change between ODBC version 2.0 and 3.0, so I need to use SQL_C_TIMESTAMP and SQL_TIMESTAMP instead of SQL_C_TYPE_TIMESTAMP and SQL_TYPE_TIMESTAMP, which are for version 3.0. ODBC will not map between them. So the call is

retcode := SQLBindParameter(hSTMT, i + 1, SQL_PARAM_INPUT,
SQL_C_TIMESTAMP,
SQL_TIMESTAMP,
SizeOf(SQL_TIMESTAMP_STRUCT), 0 ,
lParams[i],