RE: URGENT - How to export data from EXCEL to Postgr eSQL ou pgaccess as you want...

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeckermann(at)verio(dot)net>
To: veronique DROUELLE <v(dot)drouelle(at)caramail(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: URGENT - How to export data from EXCEL to Postgr eSQL ou pgaccess as you want...
Date: 2001-07-19 17:30:17
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

You will need to remove the double quotes that Excel puts around all fields
with commas in them (seeing this is not CSV, I don't know why Excel does
this), unless you are happy to see those quotes in your data.
You will need to check for embedded tabs in your data, or your fields may
not line up correctly.
One way to do this:
1. Save the Excel file as CSV
2. Remove all tabs from the file (perhaps replace with spaces)
3. Open the edited CSV file using Excel
4. Save again as tab-delimited text
5. Edit out double quotes and carriage returns.
You will now have a file suitable for importing using COPY.