RE: dynamic field names in a function.

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeckermann(at)verio(dot)net>
To: "'Soma Interesting'" <dfunct(at)telus(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: dynamic field names in a function.
Date: 2001-03-30 17:30:14
Lists: pgsql-general

In my experience, the best way to find out answers like this is to try it
out and see. Usually I find that I need to fiddle around with the syntax a
bit (I believe it's called debugging) before getting something to work.
Postgresql is very powerful; the capability to utilize that power comes at a
price. In other words, be prepared to put in a solid investment if you want
to see a return.
(I'm not accustomed to preaching, but sometimes this just needs to be said).