array values and pl/perl(poss. repost)

From: "Morgan Kita" <mkita(at)verseon(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: array values and pl/perl(poss. repost)
Date: 2005-07-27 21:16:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I had a simple question about pl/perl. I am writing a function that takes a row from a table as input which has an attribute that is a text[][] array.
How do I best parse this array attribute inside the body of the pl/perl function? Is there anything built into pl/perl to allow me to automatically convert the postgres style array to a perl array, so that I can cleanly iterate through the elements? If not is my only option to write a text parser for this?(Seems like too much club to me).

Thanks,
Morgan