RE: timestamp error cant find class for type 1296

From: "Sondaar, Roelof" <roelof(dot)sondaar(at)scania(dot)com>
To: "'Peter Eisentraut'" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: timestamp error cant find class for type 1296
Date: 2000-03-31 15:05:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Peter,

Can you explain this more in detail, because I fail to see the difference in
the following:

Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20, compiled by cc -Ae ]

snlsor=> create table test2 ( id integer primary key);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'test2_pkey'
for table 'test2'
CREATE
snlsor=> create table test3 (id datetime primary key);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'test3_pkey'
for table 'test3'
CREATE

Best regards,
Roelof