RE: timestamp error cant find class for type 1296

From: "Sondaar, Roelof" <roelof(dot)sondaar(at)scania(dot)com>
To: "'crypt0genic'" <crypt0genic(at)ecad(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: timestamp error cant find class for type 1296
Date: 2000-03-31 12:43:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I don't know about the test but I think I read something about it being
special.
The second case I think you wanted to use default. See example below.
Best regards,
Roelof
snlsor=> create table test2 (
snlsor-> id datetime primary key default now(),
snlsor-> fodder varchar(64)
snlsor-> );
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'test2_pkey'
for table 'test2'
CREATE
snlsor=> INSERT INTO test2 (fodder) VALUES ('arfarf');
INSERT 615427 1
snlsor=> select * from test2;
id |fodder
-------------------------------+------
Fri Mar 31 14:39:50 2000 METDST|arfarf
(1 row)
snlsor=> INSERT INTO test2 (fodder) VALUES ('arfarfgggg');
INSERT 615428 1
snlsor=> select * from test2;
id |fodder
Fri Mar 31 14:39:50 2000 METDST|arfarf
Fri Mar 31 14:43:31 2000 METDST|arfarfgggg
(2 rows)