Time limit on query using PgAdmin 1.4.2?

From: "Verhaag, G(dot)" <G(dot)Verhaag(at)lrcb(dot)umcn(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Time limit on query using PgAdmin 1.4.2?
Date: 2003-06-30 14:38:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear list-member,

Currently we are building a PostgreSQL database. We are running PostgreSQL-7.2.2 on a RedHat 8.0 Linux PC. Running a typical query using the psql interface from the Linux box yields a result after about 10 seconds. When I use PgAdmin-1.4.2 on a remotely installed Windows XP machine the same query will never give any output at all; but we get a dead connection instead!

Does anybody know what might be the problem here? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag

UMC St. Radboud / UMC Nijmegen
451, Landelijk ReferentieCentrum voor bevolkingsonderzoek op Borstkanker (LRCB)
P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, Netherlands
Tel: +31.24.36(17551/16706)
E-mail: g(dot)verhaag(at)lrcb(dot)umcn(dot)nl