another failover testing question

From: "David Parker" <dparker(at)tazznetworks(dot)com>
To: "postgres general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: another failover testing question
Date: 2005-05-26 19:04:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Something that we end up doing sometimes in our failover testing is
removing slony replication from an "active" (data provider) server.
Because this involves removing triggers from tables, we end up with
currently connected clients getting a bunch of "OID 123 not found"
errors, where the OID is that of the recently removed trigger.

Is there any way short of cycling all client connections to have the
server processes clean that information out of their cache when an
object disappears like this from the database?

(I'm posting here rather than the slony list because it seems like a
general question....)

Thanks.

- DAP
David Parker Tazz Networks (401) 709-5130