Re: no test coverage for ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER name HANDLER ...

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Mark Dilger <hornschnorter(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: no test coverage for ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER name HANDLER ...
Date: 2017-05-09 07:18:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2017/05/05 9:38, Mark Dilger wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> just FYI, I cannot find any regression test coverage of this part of the grammar, not
> even in the contrib/ directory or TAP tests. I was going to submit a patch to help out,
> and discovered it is not so easy to do, and perhaps that is why the coverage is missing.

I think we could add the coverage by defining a dummy C FDW handler
function in regress.c. I see that some other regression tests use C
functions defined there, such as test_atomic_ops().

What do you think about the attached patch? I am assuming you only meant
to add tests for the code in foreigncmds.c (CREATE/ALTER FOREIGN DATA
WRAPPER).

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-some-FDW-HANDLER-DDL-tests.patch text/x-diff 5.0 KB