Distributed Transaction

From: "Austin Foxley" <afoxley(at)bluetooth(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Distributed Transaction
Date: 2005-09-01 23:16:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

In using this driver in connection with MSSQL, I've come across another
issue that needs clarification.

When attempting to run a query using OPENQUERY inside of an mssql
trigger, the ole db trace throws back at me the following error:

The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider
'MSDASQL' was unable to begin a distributed transaction.

[OLE/DB provider returned message: Unsupported connect attribute (Set)]

OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL'
ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a].

I'm assuming this is because the psqlodbc driver doesn't support
distributed transactions. My question is whether there is a work around
for achieving the same effect?

Thanks

-Austin