Mac OS 10.7x ??

From: Brian Hamlin <maplabs(at)light42(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Mac OS 10.7x ??
Date: 2012-02-15 07:27:29
Lists: psycopg

Hi All -

I am configuring a Mac laptop to use for coding, and of course I
wanted psycopg2 right away..
But the more I look into this, the more questions are raised..

I do not want to use the hack to turn off 64-bit python.. why ??
If I am not using Python 3 than at least I should be able to keep 64
bit, no?

The system Postgres is well hidden.. I installed PgAdmin 3
via .dmg and I have no
problems there.. there is a libpq private to PgAdmin

but the pg_config that is found in /usr/bin appears to be for the
hidden Postgres
I have stopped my installs at this point, other than a few KyngChaos
Frameworks
for geo processing.. like QGis..

what is the story ? Is Mac OS X an orphan now?
(I believe I am similarly stuck with no ipython, also)

--
Brian Hamlin
GeoCal