Re: Release, 3rd draft

From: "Lance Obermeyer" <LObermey(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Jim Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Release, 3rd draft
Date: 2005-10-04 22:05:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I don't agree. We have a great thing to say about 8.0 adoption. We've crossed the million downloads barrier and we need to ring the bell. A million is an absolute number that doesn't need to be compared.

Where we are on thin ice is the 8.1 beta. We shouldn't compare our 20k against their 2000k. If we go with the industry trend suggestion I made yesterday (or something equivalent), we'll be fine.