New Shard Management Extension: shard_manager

From: Shaun Thomas <sthomas(at)optionshouse(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New Shard Management Extension: shard_manager
Date: 2014-03-07 20:53:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey guys,

This will be the first, and hopefully not last, PostgreSQL-related tool my company has allowed me to Open Source. The shard_manager extension offers a lot of helper functions and a system for managing fully unique IDs across many database shards. You can find it on our github page:

https://github.com/peak6/shard_manager

I'll speak with management about possibly keeping updated copies of this on PGXN, but until then, you're welcome to try it out from our repo. I'm available for questions or comments related to this toolkit, and will be the one managing any pull requests.

Enjoy!

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd | Suite 500 | Chicago IL, 60604