Re: java in postgres?

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: java in postgres?
Date: 2003-12-19 06:27:09
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

shiva,

[...]
> how can we use java function postgresql.
[...]

If you mean to use java programming language in accessing postgresql databases, then the answer is that you must use jdbc for connecting to the backend. Either try to compile the jdbc driver yourself or get one from http://jdbc.postgresql.org .

[...]
In Oracle they have load java procedure which allows to load java functions,class files and jar files . any procedure in posgresql any idea...
>pls comment...
[...]

If you mean a (somehow) PL/Java function loading, I'm afraid a previous post applies.

SLao

New! Unlimited Access from the Netscape Internet Service.
Beta test the new Netscape Internet Service for only $1.00 per month until 3/1/04.
Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.