Re: pg_verify_checksums failure with hash indexes

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_verify_checksums failure with hash indexes
Date: 2018-08-28 15:03:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am Dienstag, den 28.08.2018, 11:21 +0200 schrieb Peter Eisentraut:
> This is reproducible with PG11 and PG12:
>
> initdb -k data
> postgres -D data
>
> make installcheck
> # shut down postgres with Ctrl-C

I tried to reproduce this and by accident i had a blocksize=4 in my
configure script, and i got immediately failed installcheck results.
They seem hash index related and can easily be reproduced:

SHOW block_size ;
block_size
4096

CREATE TABLE foo(val text);
INSERT INTO foo VALUES('bernd');

CREATE INDEX ON foo USING hash(val);
ERROR: index "foo_val_idx" contains corrupted page at block 0
HINT: Please REINDEX it.

I have no idea wether this could be related, but i thought it won't
harm to share this here.

Bernd