Re: Uninstall procedure for pgadmin3 under Mac OS X 10.3

From: Yannick DEVOS <yannick(dot)devos(at)online(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Uninstall procedure for pgadmin3 under Mac OS X 10.3
Date: 2007-01-25 08:04:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,

I finally had time to investigate a bit more on this problem.

The pgadmin3 installer is really simple, so I don't understand why it
does not work.
In OS X installer there is often some "InstallationCheck" scripts (in
Perl for example) that does some checks.
But in this case, not...
Perhaps it's a file system permission issue on my computer, but I
cannot find which one.

So I unpacked the "Archive.pax.gz" file contained inside the "Contents"
directory of the package (himself a directory, in fact), with "zcat
Archive.pax.gz | pax -rv.
And then I have copied the result in my /Applications directory. Now
everything is working right!

I hope this could be useful for someone later...

Regards,
Yannick.
---
Hanh DOAN et Yannick DEVOS - Nature-Mekong
Savourer les délices du delta
http://www.nature-mekong.com/